Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Mexican Style Corn on the cob

I always buy corn in the summer, when it is fresh. In a box stacked at a farmers market, a farm stand on the side of the road, or even at my local grocery store - can not resist a "mountain" of corn. Even when the grill is on, I do. Usually microwave corn straw, as it is practically so But this weekend, I decided to grill without the ball. I stayed in a ancho Chile come lately, so I sprinkled later added as a massage before grilling and with a few ingredients.

I had never called "real" Mexican street corn, maize, so I can not tell you how this version compares honest. I can tell you that is delicious and easy, with many ways to get the ingredients, or take a new path. If you do not have a grill, you can roast corn in the oven directly on the rack, fixed to, but after the withdrawal of silk. In this case, the brush in the salt and oil and pull the ball in corn for toasting.

Salmon with corn flour

Shelled corn brought back memories of my father. In general, it was difficult to know how my father felt for the little food served - and served in true Mad Men fashion of the time - usually from my mother. (I used to kid that made Calvin Coolidge silence seems talkative) always taciturn, my father ate in silence. He was very much loved, but seldom ostentatiously polite turn when it came to food, unless it fresh corn on the cob.

If fresh corn was present, he moves away from what is offered, and only eat corn - 8 or 10 ears, smiling and chewing with obvious pleasure. My father probably in my efforts, "fancy up" corn on the cob smile, prefer their oats and clear. (He took the principled position that if the corn is cool enough and not overcooked, does not even need butter or salt and pepper.) However, I would think that would taste like this version and smile - and perhaps' ll even a second ear.

Lots - cost 4 $ 01.02

Ingredients

  • Chili powder 1 ½ teaspoons wide (see my Mexican corn salad for more information about the ancho chili powder)
  • 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp coffee oil (I use olive oil)
  • 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • A small section of the two cal
  • 2-3 tbsp finely chopped coriander
  • spice kosher or sea salt and coarse ground pepper

Equipment

  • Barbecue
  • Ramekins or small bowl
  • Pastry Brush
  • Hack
  • Knife

Preparation

  • Heat grill. Corn cup, and removal of the two outer layers inside silk. (For directions to the pan, see above.)
  • Mix chili powder and oil. Brush the corn with chilli and oil mixture on all sides.
  • Grill corn until lightly charred on all sides. It will not be uniform, but all parties the opportunity to cook directly over the fire. In my charcoal grill takes about 10 minutes - the time depends on the type of grill (charcoal or gas) and the intensity of the heat / flame.
  • If the corn is fully grilled, brush the mayonnaise, press the lemon over each ear, and sprinkle the chopped coriander, salt and pepper.
Mexican-style corn on the cob with coriander

No comments:

Post a Comment