Friday, August 8, 2014

Levi Roots is the guest star in Nottingham Food and Drink Festival

Comments (0)

Rain or shine, inventor Levi Roots Reggae Reggae sauce will bring a ray of sunshine in the Caribbean in Nottingham.

Celebrity chef mount the heat with recipes from Jamaica in the new Nottingham Food and Drink Festival Wollaton Park.

A feast of delights awaits an expected crowd of 10,000 visitors in two days of demonstrations and stalls with local farmers and artisans from regional weekend August 16 to 17

The Fabulous Baker Brothers Tom and Henry is the bill go in the kitchen demo titled Dragon Slayer Levi Saturdays and Sundays.

Related Content

The Dreadlocks Rasta musician who rose to fame when his spicy barbecue sauce became an instant success after winning £ 50,000 investment in Dragons' Den BBC2 wants to share the joy that brings Caribbean cuisine.

"I think this is the only kitchen that you can do. Others about soup kitchens and what it does for you and recipes and how to talk.

"But when people think of the Caribbean - a smile on his face and a good feeling in your heart is what it is.

"If we go to the Caribbean, Jamaica, in particular humans do not have much money. But I can tell you the passion in their faces when you visit and bring food, and no matter what is small, it is still a celebration.

"And with reggae music relaxes you or get get-up-and-go-Calypso on other islands - it is life itself, and not only what you put into the pot - that's how it on, and you have the feeling that if you are around the fire to cook something. "

It will be some sauce aside and demonstrates his favorite Jerk Chicken Wings and coleslaw fruity Caribbean.

"I think I'm at my best when interacting or ridicule to people," says Levi, talking on the phone at his home in south London.

"I think the Jerk Chicken Wings are perfect for something really easy to show something with their Scottish Lords, chillies, something captures the flavors of the Caribbean."

"People do not know what a selection of fruit in the Caribbean. Humans do not eat fruit, and you are always in the kitchen."

All with a dollop of Reggae sauce on the side.

"The true flavor you put in your kitchen does not come from a bottle, this is pure love and passion that you put into these few ingredients.

"This is raw, something that everyone can do. Salsa is just an extra pick-me-up," said 55-year-old.

The motto of Salsa "put music in your food" comes from his other passion in life.

"I always grew up with my grandmother on the radio in the background. She was a great singer, the still-ing around food and I grew up thinking the music and the food was something that always worked."

The music led him to Nottingham regularly in the 70s and 80s.

"Nottingham are used to a great place for me in the time when music was my first love.

"We used to come to Nottingham all the time. I've done it several times and fell in love with the place and the people as well. It is an ideal place for lively Nottingham."

It is not only the vitality of the city, which adheres to the spirit of Levi, who sang Happy Birthday Nelson Mandela and played football with Bob Marley on Sunday at Battersea Park.

"I remember a lot of beautiful women in the early days - I hope it stays the same the moment we saw Nottingham in the brochure or poster, you are rubbing their hands with joy and think it is a good night.! "

Born in Jamaica, Levi, which is used to make the sauce to your kitchen with the help of their seven children, a strong advocate for children is to learn to cook.

"At school my first set of recipes taught and now I see kids buying things like my salsa when they get to college and you can not even boil an egg. Benefit spices to mask the flavors that is so unfair .

"We need to teach our children at an early age to cook and learn your way around the kitchen and how to do simple flavors to combine. I think this is one of the most important skills for life."

For years, Levi sold the sauce to the Notting Hill Carnival, when there came down a storm, but despite its vernacular, banks and businesses has always refused in the product to believe it, it sounded "too black seemed invest".

Levi said, "I really believe in the product I have the sauce carnival for a long, long time, and I was for many years the thousands of people demonstrated experience ..

"This is the sauce and it was the carnival that the feeling of certainty that this made me a good seller.

"The people of Dragons 'Den saw the character and fell in love with who I was I, but the sauce was really great. Unless I went on Dragons' Den and the people had the opportunity to get an impression of what I got'm on TV, I still think the sauce itself would be a success if he had to be one of the big supermarkets the opportunity. "

The sauce was a great success, because what., An explosion of products Reggae Reggae brand, including nuts, cakes, drinks and snacks

"It's great that people just take it to the sauce and took me as a person, because that allows me to bring my integrity and beliefs as a Rasta man in my food and in my books and my music and the people," said Levi, whose plans for the future are to increase the number of restaurants on the main streets of the Caribbean from the UK. Maybe your own chain, but certainly give other leg.

"All other cuisines have a restaurant on the street, Italian, French, and all that respect, but not in the Caribbean, and we have to this point, where families get to come, not only in the oven recipes, but in to be able, on Friday or Saturday night and enjoy it on the street.

"The most important thing for me to promote and advertise restaurants there.'ve always believed that the blessing I have not only the opportunity given to me, c Food eastern Caribbean as a whole., If I have to use my name to the kitchen to promote Caribbean, not just me. "

Levi, cooking red meat, but not eat themselves, like the fish "until the cows come home." And the classic British "Great Fish and Chips Age" is one of his favorites - but hold the ketchup, he Reggae, of course.

Despite fame and fortune, Levi has remained true to its roots and still lives in Brixton.

"I think it's important that I try here, young people how to motivate me. When I was a kid, I did not see Levi Roots inspired a character to him. Usually when someone already exits famous Brixton the roost and fly to North London.

"It is not so easy for me to leave, because I have my whole life behind, so it is important that I stay here and try to inspire the next round of Levi Roots, so that I, who not only Read me - I take it very seriously. "

Attractions of the FESTIVAL:

Visitors have a big appetite for fun Nottingham to drink festival.

Submit 4 favorite, the Fabulous Baker Brothers Masterchef winner Mat Follas, who won the title in 2009 and 2012 world champion Shelina Permalloo - is now on TV.

Sunday is day Levi Roots. Chef Dean Edwards, a common Lorraine ITV, a storm in the kitchen cooking and Mark Lloyd, who was the first of River Cottage Canteen, speak foraging and wild food in the UK.

The focus arfan "Raz Razak, owner of Curry Lounge in Nottingham.

In addition to the main stage, an intimate space is kitchen where chefs to present from local and national restaurants their signature dishes.

Located in the majestic backdrop of Elizabethan his dining room areas with dozens of stalls selling blockbusters such rare breed meats, cheeses, homemade ice cream, vegetables and pastries.

For beer lovers, there are real beer tent and be on the lookout for breweries under the stall holders.

Wine drinkers can now participate in meetings by tasting plans @ Debbie Aultfrom Notts Derby Wine School led.

When it's time to grab a bite to go where the food vendors, caterers and bars await you. Soft shell crab, brisket, pit-smoked wrapped chicken, streets food of the Caribbean and South Africa hot roasted, grills and vegetarian ... what are you waiting for?

Visitors can lunch with jazz, blues and ragtime relax FB pocket orchestra and Reel Easy come with a caller a little inclined to do energy dance of the country.

Children's attractions, such as inflatables, puppets, parrots and owls pot Chrissie and Crafts Corner with leather goods, soaps, jewelry and artist is a great day for the whole family.

Advance booking are £ 7 adults, 65 or £ 6, children 5-15 £ 3 or £ 21 families are online or by phone 01283 www.nottingham.co.uk 820548th day tickets are € 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment