Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Google the ingredients for a recipe that says Yahoo!

I must admit I'm not a big fan of football. I'm not exaggerating in the World Cup, but I understand the love for the sport. Many of my friends are excited and Facebook pages declared their love for one country over another.

With the many fans of the sport, who eagerly watched every pass, kick and target Google came to the party. Since the start of the World Cup, Google fun interactive banner on your website. Can not be canceled, Yahoo has its fair share of fun with the World Cup and its food section includes recipes related countries are playing on that day. I was very pleased these recipes, and last week I had a Moroccan recipe with sausage and eggs. It is from this recipe, had the ingredients to make the recipe column this week.

When I. Buying the ingredients for the sausage and eggs recipe, I do not know what kind to get sausage The recipe calls merguez. I had no idea what it was, so of course I searched Google. (Sorry, Yahoo!)

Merguez sausages have learned is likely to Juneau lamb. Do not worry, I'm going to replace something else. But the sausage? I chose two ways: andouille and chorizo. I was not sure what will be the best for the recipe. It turned out that the sausage was the perfect replacement and the dish was delicious. I'll be back for some.

This left me with chorizo. I have never before cooked with it. What should I do? In fact, I've never eaten, either. This meant that I did not even know what it should look when it was done. Back to Google. I have several recipes with this spicy ingredient. Many are potatoes and eggs. I had, so I wanted something a little different.

Juneau weather was pretty wet and cold earlier this week turned, and I thought: What's better than a soup? In my design, I found a new recipe.

Cooking Chorizo is interesting. This is not a link or patty sausage is just meat in a tubular thing. I put a little oil with a heated and brown in a pot. I added onion, sweet red and yellow peppers and lots of garlic. The house smelled delicious. Then add a can of chickpeas and some other items, and in 30 minutes I had to keep a spicy hot soup warm.

This week, I give you a recipe that is easy to do, I keep hot inside and I something new: chickpeas with chorizo peas. It was fun to use a new material and experimenting with different techniques. I'm sure many of you have used in your own sausage recipes. I wonder how it is used spicy sausage.

Until next time ...

Eat and enjoy

Midgi

Chickpeas Chorizo Soup

1 10z package sausage

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 large yellow or white onion, diced

1 large red or yellow bell pepper, diced

2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped

1 can of chickpeas (chickpeas) undrained,

1 can Rotel tomatoes

2 tablespoons ancho chili powder

2 teaspoons of cumin

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon onion powder

Chicken broth 2 cups

Salt and pepper

Preheat Dutch oven over medium heat. Add olive oil and chorizo. Cook until heated through, about 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Onion, pepper and garlic. Cook until the onions are soft. You may need to add a little oil. Add the chickpeas and tomatoes. Stir well and bring to a boil. Add spices and stir until completely incorporated. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Bake for about 20 minutes to mix flavors. Salt and pepper to taste.

He goes with a green salad and corn bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment